It’s Spring…finally! I think it’s safe to say that the warm weather is here to stay! Amen!
So, as the sun is shining and the skies are blue, here are 5 of our favorite activities to do this time of year.
- Zoo! After the long and cold winter months I’m not sure there is anything more that I look forward to than that first zoo trip in the spring. Thankfully, we had our first visit last week and it felt SO good to be out, seeing all of the animals and breathing in that fresh zoo smell.
- Parks! In our smallish community, we are so lucky to have several beautiful parks to visit with some pretty cool playgrounds. And, with all of the elementary schools, we love visiting their playgrounds on the weekends too! Check out your city’s website and I’m sure you’ll find all of the amazing parks in your community!
- Nature Walks/Hikes! It’s amazing to learn of all the trails within miles of us that we are able to explore with our littles. Add a scavenger hunt into the mix and your kiddos will have a blast! We even love having these “nature walks” on our property. The kids love searching for cool leaves, rocks and flowers.
- Franklin Park Conservatory! This one is Columbus-specific but we are so lucky to have such a cool place to visit to see so many beautiful flowers, plants and so much. This time of year is their beautiful Blooms & Butterflies Exhibit too that we’ve been visiting year-after-year. Going now, you can also check out all of the tulips on its grounds. Check out https://www.fpconservatory.org for more information.
- Reservoir! So, in our community we have a pretty awesome reservoir to visit. It’s 171 acres! We love to grab the double stroller and take both kiddos on a walk around the gorgeous water. They ride in it for some of the time and walk too! Not only are we getting outside but our family is getting to exercise together. At the reservoir, you can boat, fish, kayak, sled in the winter, pack a picnic lunch or take a nice walk. You can learn more here, https://marysvilleohio.org/Facilities/Facility/Details/Upground-Reservoir-24
We’d love for you to share more ideas of what your family enjoys doing in the spring time by posting it in the comments below!